Write For Us
Hi – if you are reading this, then congratulations! You would like to become part of a small group of elite guest bloggers on one of the best-loved and most engaged self-development blogs on the Internet.
It’s a simple process. Please follow it or your submission may be rejected. Thanks.
- Send us a headline and short (one paragraph) outline of the post – this is to ensure another contributor isn’t currently writing on the exact same topic as you. Please make sure to check the topics below and read some previous posts to get a feel for our audience.
- Please put the words ‘GLZ Submission’ in your email subject line – if you fail to do this, your submission may not be read.
- If it’s your first time submitting to GLZ, please include 1-3 links of previous guest posts you have had published.
- Once you’ve got the OK, get writing!
- Meanwhile, we’ll set you up with a ‘Contributor’ login on GLZ (unless you already have one).
- You then upload your post and whizz us an email to say there’s a piece of your genius waiting.
- We’ll then review it, suggest any changes if needed and schedule it to publish.
- We’ll let you know in good time so you can promote it to the max (as we will be doing).
- If you haven’t heard back in 21 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful this time. You are welcome to submit another title and outline after this period.
Email us here: editors[at]goodlifezen[dot]com
- Submissions must be unique and appear nowhere else on the internet (including your own blog) without our permission. Once a submission is published you can include a short excerpt on your own blog with a link back to the original full article on Goodlife Zen if you wish.
- Please supply a choice of three images (see guidelines below) attached with your email letting us know your post is uploaded. You cannot upload the image yourself. Please include a direct link for crediting if the image is not yours.
- We reserve the right to edit your submission.
- Please be prepared to answer all comments and to promote your post as widely as possible once published.
- 800 – 1500 words
- Use short, mostly one-sentence paragraphs for the introduction.
- Use H2 for subheads
- Use H3 for sub-sub heads
- Use bulleted lists
- Use bolded and italicized text for visual clarity
- SEO – please include the keyword in the title, a H2 subhead and in the first line or so of the opening paragraph.
- Make sure your post isn’t self-promotional; you are in service of the readers.
- Do not use your own affiliate links in your guest post.
- Include a short bio at the end of the post with no more than 2 links please (again, no affiliate links). You can link to your website, offer, or social media.
- Use images px.
- Please include the keyword in your image file name.
- Please only use images that you have the rights to or that are Creative Commons licensed. Here are some good sources: Pixabay, Flickr, Morguefile
- Please do not put your website/blog name on the image.
- If your guest post gets accepted, we’ll send you guidelines by Mary Jaksch on what kind of images to choose.
living in the moment
meaning and passion
meaning and purpose
Lastly, Mary has asked that if you would like to become a regular contributor that you watch her short presentation which is part of her online workshop – it’s 25 minutes only:watch it here.
Laura and Mark